His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sick, Allergies, Asthma

Kyle was sick for a few days last week.  He started showing symptoms of being sick on Thursday of last week.  He was sneezing throughout the day on Thursday and then his nose was running and stuffed up.  He also started coughing!  He was sick for at least 2-4 days.  On his second day, I started showing the same symptoms he had.  Ever since then, I have had my allergies and asthma flare up!  I have no idea why my allergies are going crazy, I know it's not because of my MIL's cat (I am taking homeopathic medicine).  It's been hard for me to breathe for the last few days.  I have to struggle to breathe, it feels like only one of my lungs is working or someone is squeezing both of my lungs and both are working at half capacity.  I was using my store bought inhaler but I know it doesn't work as well as the prescription.  Since my nose isn't as stuffed, I am able to use peppermint oil, I use it as aromatherapy and it can help, but it takes time.  My asthma does come back if I do any kind of activity, such as walking up and down the stairs or even down the street (to Kyle's bus stop).  I ordered my homeopathic medicine for my asthma.  I hope that will start to regulate my asthma again. 

Kyle was supposed to have therapy tomorrow but Shannon isn't feeling well.  Hopefully we can make it for next week.  In the meantime, Kyle is enjoying school.  All I can say is that I enjoy the quiet time when he's at school!

I recently started watching All My Children, the soap opera!  I used to watch AMC when I was in junior high and then stopped until just recently!  There are only a few actors that I remember from back then!  In the past, I watched Passions (NBC) but was canceled.  I am still learning who is related to who, relationships, etc. 

My in-laws recently downsized on their cable package and now we have much less channels to watch.  It's a huge difference and will have to watch some of my shows online.  They had to downsize because they are having a hard time making ends meet.  I am having a hard time believing that considering my MIL has gone to the grocery store/food shopping 4 times in 8 days and 3 times in 7 days.  She also goes out shopping a few times a week with a nearby neighbor.  I guess that's their way of cutting down on their bills.  

We are still making our own laundry detergent!  It saves us money and it's so easy to do.  It only takes 3 ingredients and it works pretty well.  Plus I have noticed that our clothes haven't faded in color.  We are out of one of the ingredients and just ordered more online since they don't sell it in any of our stores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment