His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A time for Therapy and Shopping

Kyle had therapy today.  I set the alarm extra early so I had time to get ready and eat breakfast.  Kyle ended up waking up/sitting up right after I got out of bed.  He and I had breakfast together, he had cold cereal and I had oatmeal.  I was surprised he actually wanted cereal because normally he's so picky about what he has to eat.  As we were getting dressed and ready to go, Kyle wanted his school backpack because he thought he was going to school.  He seemed to know that things were out of routine, which he makes him nervous and uneasy.  When that happens, he starts whining.

A few days ago, my MIL mentioned to both Shannon and I that Kyle's hair doesn't look as shiny anymore and wasn't as soft to the touch.  I told her that it will shine in the sun.  Then she asked if he's still taking vitamins and I told her no.  Her comment made me realize that he does need to be taking vitamins as he does not eat that well!  He's a picky eater times 10!  In the end, I am glad she said something about Kyle's hair as she does not always feel his hair or see it everyday. 

While Kyle was in therapy, Shannon and I went to Walmart.  Shannon stayed in the car, mainly because he hasn't showered in days.  LOL  I ended up getting some colorful tops that were only $7, capri-type pants that can be worn for working out or lounging around, 2 pairs of jeans, shoes for Kyle, two different types of vitamins for Kyle, almond milk, and liquid plumr.  When I find jeans that actually fit in the waist, I tend to get 2 pairs!  These jeans fit like a glove, plus they are Levi's brand and so comfortable!  Kyle's feet seem to be growing like crazy because he needs new shoes.  His other pair of shoes that I bought from JC Penney's need to be returned because they will be snug on him.  This time, I bought him a size 11 in toddler.  I tried looking for BOY size shoes but they are still way too big for him.  I ended up getting Kyle two types of vitamins, one is a multivitamin and the other is for "immune support."  Hopefully that will help him stay healthy at school and not bring home as many colds!  I bought him "gummy type of vitamins" since he seems to like those.

My MIL and I ended up going to the "mall" here.  I wanted to return Kyle's shoes.  We went to another department store and I found a workout top on clearance for only $2.98!  I couldn't pass it up and bought it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment