His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, September 10, 2010

We haveth food!

We went grocery shopping this afternoon.  We ended up going a little later than usual.  My in-laws had a salesperson over to test their water and try to sell them something to filter their water.  He was here for over 2 hours!  Of course, I was starving!  Kyle was starving and we shared a granola bar and a boca/garden burger. Anyway, we finally left around the time he left.  I found out as we were leaving that Shannon was also starving!  I wish he didn't wait so long for us to go grocery shopping! 

I had a ton of things to return at Walmart!  I had to return the clothes that I bought for Kyle, they were all the wrong sizes!  I also had to return some other things.  I ended up returning over $97 worth of things!  LOL  I didn't even realize it was that much! 

I ended up finding school uniform shirts for Kyle!  They are "extra small" collared shirts which should fit him.  The "smalls" were too big for him!  I bought him 3 navy blues and 3 burgundy shirts.  He'll be looking snazzy at school!  In addition, we needed toilet paper and paper towels.  Along with our usual groceries, I bought chocolate soy milk so that I can mix it with my whey protein!  I also bought cucumbers, salad, and a bag of green apples!  I love being able to eat healthy.  I plan on eating tuna sandwiches, I mix chopped cucumbers (instead of relish) in my tuna to add crunch to my sandwich.  I also add cucumber slices in my sandwich for even more crunch.  I plan on making fruit smoothies too!

The brand of whey protein that I bought had a customer review sharing a recipe that tastes like Wendy's Original Frosty.  I ended up making it tonight and it tastes really good!  All it takes is chocolate milk, vanilla ice cream and a scoop of the whey protein.  Mix in blender and enjoy!  I add a little bit of ice!

I ended up using about $10 worth of coupons!  Thankfully we have food stamps which pays for our food items!

No comments:

Post a Comment