His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Today is Halloween and we're staying in tonight.  We don't do the trick or treating or dressing up since Kyle probably won't be into it.  I don't think he would like the "scary" stuff, nor could we ever go to a Haunted House with all the screaming and scary sounds.  Which reminds me, I love the show Parenthood on NBC, one of the families has a son who has autism.  Here is a scene that I could relate to, where the mother is explaining Halloween to Max.  She is preparing him to what can happen at Halloween and how it all works.  In their case, Max is afraid of fire (whereas Kyle is afraid of scary noises/screaming).  I can relate to what the family goes through with their son Max.  There was a particular scene where she was asking her husband to pick up a certain type of cereal for Max, otherwise he won't eat his cereal, it had to be a certain kind

Also, Kyle doesn't like putting on just any clothes, he would literally struggle if I had to put something different on him and if I did manage to get it on him, he would take it right off. 

We were going to do the same as we did last year, pick up some Chinese food and eat it at home, but we had a big lunch and there's even food left over.  I also "made" Double Chocolate Chip Cookies that I bought from Kyle's school fundraiser.  I made a small batch yesterday as well and Shannon loved them!  They are really good and gooey!

No comments:

Post a Comment