His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, October 9, 2010

In California for a bit

I am in California for my grandpa's funeral.  He passed away on October 1st.  I am staying at a hotel while I am here.  I was supposed to stay two nights at my Uncle's house but I could barely make it one night.  They have 4 cats and I am allergic.  I can handle living with one cat with the help of homeopathic medicine but 4 was too much for me.  About 30-40 minutes after I entered the house, my allergies started flaring up.  My eyes got puffy, my nose got stuffy, and to top it off, my asthma flared up!  I got about 2 or 3 hours of sleep that night.  I am now staying at the hotel and feeling much better.  I slept like a baby at the hotel.  I can tell I am still on East Coast time because I woke up at around 4:30am PST, which is 7:30am EST.  The hotel has continental breakfast from 6am til 10am so I filled up on food from there.  I will have a nice healthy breakfast every morning I am there!

The hotel is located near shopping so I just walked next door to Old Navy!  I spent about 45 minutes there, but didn't buy anything.  My mom and I went shopping at Walmart and Kohl's.  We ended up getting a zip-up cardigan/sweater with a hood for myself and 5 toys for Kyle!  Two of them are remote control cars and the other three are Toy Story 3 toys.  The Toy Story 3 toys were on clearance.  They are so cute, they are a flashlight and they talk!  Then we headed over to Kohl's.  My mom bought a black tie for my Dad, shoes for herself, and shoes for me.  I found a pair of toning shoes that were on sale by Avia.  I've been wanting a pair of toning shoes for awhile now and so glad I have a pair. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that your grandpa died

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are just having a good time shopping!! Sorry to hear about your grandpa!

    ReplyDelete