His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, May 5, 2011

We were approved!

Shannon and I went back to Winston Salem to turn in our application for the apartment!  About a half hour after we turned in our application, she called and left a message.  We decided to go back to the rental office to see if we were approved and thankfully we were!  We are moving in on May 16th!  Kyle's last day at school will be May 20th.

We decided we are going to rent a portable washer and dryer since our apartment doesn't have the connections.  I like the convenience of having a washer and dryer in the apartment! 

I have a list of what I need to do, to get ready for our move and Shannon has his own list of things he needs to do.  I already switched the power into our name for the new apartment.  I also called the new school to get him enrolled and emailed the coordinator for the Exceptional Children program.  Our priority is getting Kyle enrolled for Kindergarten for the new school district!  I am not sure if we will need to have him attend their school for the remainder of the school year since there will be about a month left.

As soon as we get moved in and settled in, I plan on applying for jobs.  Our apartment is walking distance from grocery stores, eateries, and shopping!  I plan on applying at TJ Maxx!  I also like that they have sidewalks and crosswalks (which we don't have here in our current city)!  There is a family practice, pediatric and adolescent practice across the street.  There is also a Family YMCA in the same shopping center, as well as a Tae Kwon Do studio!  I would love to take a few martial arts classes!

I am looking forward to living in a big city again and near shopping!  I love that I can walk to many different places too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment