His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, May 13, 2011

One more week!

It's getting closer and closer, I can smell it just around the corner!  We will be in our new place in a week!  Yesterday, while Kyle was at school, Shannon and I went through Kyle's toys and got rid of the ones that were broken, missing pieces, and toys that he really didn't play with.  We also cleaned up any trash so our living area looked so clean...until Kyle got home.  LOL 

Shannon also called to have our our cable, internet, and home phone set up and it will be installed next week. 

The lady from the new school district finally called me back (I had also emailed her).  She's the person I needed to talk to from the Exceptional Children's program.  I had to re-email her Kyle's IEP (individual education plan) and she said we could set up an appointment for them to place him in a pre-school class for the rest of this school year and also get him ready for next year.

In our new place, we would be required to pay for water, but they only charge us for our hot water usage.  I am thinking of handwashing our dishes instead of using the dishwasher to help save us on that part of the water bill.  Plus, we don't have enough dishes to use the dishwasher everyday.  It would just be easier for us to handwash our dishes.  Today, I got the idea to make my own dish soap and went online to look for recipes.  I found an easy recipe that I plan on using.  I may buy some dish soap first, just so I have a bottle to use when I do make my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment