His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, May 27, 2011

Waking up early

This entire week, I started waking up early (usually around 5 AM - 6 AM) so that I have some time for myself in the morning before Kyle gets up.  I wanted some peace and quiet while I workout and maybe do some reading.  It's been really nice and working out for perfectly to get some alone time.  This morning I woke up around 4:15 AM. 

I am doing two loads of laundry today and will slowly try to catch up on all the other things I need to wash (sheets and towels we don't absolutely need right away). 

Shannon took our car in for it's 60,000 mile "check up."  Our car needs it bad too.  We are hoping they can fix the A/C and heater.  When it's winter and we turn on the heat, it fogs up the car.  The A/C works fine but when it's time to use the heat (for the winter time) it may not work properly.  Hopefully they can fix that for us.  So far, this will cost us around $1300 as of this morning.  We're hoping it won't be more than that. 

I found a recipe to make "mocha frappe" and "caramel frappe" like the ones at McDonald's.  Shannon and I love the frappes.  Shannon likes the caramel frappe and I like the mocha frappe.  Instead of spending about $3 for each, I decided to search for a "copycat" recipe of both coffee drinks.  The recipe is really easy too! 

We went to Walmart yesterday for a few more groceries and other things.  I finally found Borax there!  So I made a batch of homemade laundry soap today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment