His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Our last night!

We had a busy day today!  After we got Kyle on the school bus, we packed up and organized everything else that needed to packed away into the UHaul.  I pulled out our clothes for tonight and tomorrow.  We wanted everything [that needed to be packed into the UHaul] to be ready to go at 9:30 AM. 

Shannon, his dad, and the neighbor left around 9:30 AM to drive the UHaul to our new apartment to unload it.  Apparently it only took them 30 minute to unload all of our stuff.  The neighbor did most of the heavy lifting and moving everything, he kept insisting on doing everything. They were back around 12:30 PM or so. 

While Shannon was gone, I did a little more cleaning and organized our stuff to make sure it was all ready to go for another trip we were taking after Kyle got home from school.  I also had time to update my blogs!  I wrote two book reviews for my blogs!  I am trying to get caught up on my reviews.  I have 4 product reviews to do and 3 books to read and write reviews for!

Shannon packed the car while I waited for Kyle at the bus stop, so by the time Kyle and I got home, we were ready to go.  We left shortly after we let Kyle get settled in.  I washed his hands and gave him a snack and water.  We spent about 2 or 3 hours at our new apartment.  Shannon and I both had our own agendas!  He set up the TV stand, TV, cable box, computer table, etc.  Meanwhile, I cleaned our dining table and kitchen counter tops.  I also unpacked our clothes and hung them in the closet.  I also tried to empty as many boxes as I could so we could take them back to pack more.  I "helped" Shannon set up our mattresses.  We are considering getting a new TV because the one we have isn't digital as we bought this TV about 5-7 years ago! While we were at our new place, we realized that there is no light fixtures in the bedrooms or living room, so it was kind of dark.  We had to improvise and turn on the light nearest to the rooms we were in.  So, we need to buy lamps for the bedrooms and living room! 

I am a little concerned that my houseplants won't survive in our apartment.  Our windows don't get much light since they are covered/surrounded by bushes or trees.

Tonight is our last night here.  I can't wait until we are officially in our new place!  I hope we can figure out how to hook up the washer in the kitchen!  We still have a lot of cleaning and organizing to do!  I can't wait until our moving is done and over!  We plan on going grocery shopping this weekend so we'll have food!  We've been eating out all this week and I am already tired of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment