His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, May 16, 2011

928 sq ft

Yesterday, we received the keys to our new apartment and we made another trip out with Kyle.  We brought out another 2 boxes and a few other things, plus my last 2 potted plants to our new home.  While we were there, I unpacked everything we brought over while Kyle explored our new home.  Shannon had to call the cable guy since he was coming by to set up our cable/internet/phone service. 

After I finished unpacking, we went to the nearest Walmart to buy some things we needed to make our new place a home!  We ended up getting a garbage can (for the kitchen), dish rack, kitchen towels, matching towels and carpets for the bathroom, and a few other things to make my own laundry soap, etc.  I was so surprised and thrilled to find washing soda at Walmart.  Now I don't have to order it online and pay shipping!  I also found laundry bar soap to make my laundry powder soap.  I just need to find borax and I will have everything I need to make my laundry soap. 

I want the colors in the kitchen to be green and Shannon wanted the bathroom to be gold (to match a picture frame that I have)!  I let him decide that and pick the towels and carpets for the bathroom, he's better at matching things.

Shannon and I put everything we bought at Walmart in it's place.  Shannon put the bathroom together and make it look all nice and pretty!  I also did a little bit of cleaning, just wanted to wipe down counter tops here and there.  I plan on doing more cleaning once we get moved in.

Kyle has therapy tomorrow but we plan on going back to our apartment afterwards to bring over more stuff.  This also gives Kyle a chance to see our new home and where he will be living.  This time around he wasn't as nervous and unsure about why we were there.  But I don't think he still understands why we keep visiting the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment