His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Long Day, Moving is almost complete

Today was a long day!  Kyle had his last day of therapy this morning.  While Kyle was in therapy, Shannon and I went over to Walmart to get a few more things for our new apartment.  We bought a Swiffer starter kit and extra wet wipes, trash bags, and a paper towel holder!  I still need borax, which apparently I can't find at Walmart so I may have to check a regular grocery store. 

After therapy, we came back home and relaxed for about 3 hours.  We took another 2 boxes of our stuff over to our apartment, and I only unpacked one of the boxes and left the other one there.  Our stackable washer and dryer in now in our kitchen!  They are bigger than I imagined, but I am glad!  They are the perfect size for our family.  Hopefully we can figure out how to use them [the washer needs to be connected to the kitchen sink when in use].  Our cable and internet is already hooked up.  Our phone service is active but we don't have our phone to plug in (it's still packed away). 

While we were at our apartment, Kyle seemed at ease there.  He wasn't nervous or in a rush to leave.  I think it helps to ease him into the idea of us moving to a new place.  

It rained throughout the day today.  It was actually a nice day, not too hot or cold. 

When we got back "home" I was able to do my workout!  I took 3 days off from my workout program due to a sore back and sore muscles.  My sore back was not feeling right, so I decided to take the time off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment