His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Starting college

I'm starting college later this month.  I am nervous and excited.  Last week, I wanted to put it off but I was having second thoughts.  The economy is unstable and if Shannon and I both have higher college degrees, it would make us more valuable to employers. 

I am excited because I am still surprised I found a degree program that really caught my eye.  It sounds like an interesting subject and something that fits my personality.  When I was growing up, I wanted to be a teacher, then I thought about being a psychologist.  But to study cultures and people and how they interact is fascinating to me.  I always wonder why people do what they do, why they say what they say, etc. 

I'm nervous because I will need to learn to manage my time between being a mom and wife and add school to the mix!  Plus, the essays are a little scary to think about.  I remember how to write an essay, but to actually sit down and do it, it's scary! 

Nowadays, I am thankful that there are online colleges out there that allow busy parents to go back to college.  When it was time for me to attend college, they didn't have online college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment