His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Turning Point

Yesterday we received some really great news which will really help us!  Shannon went to take care of that today.

This week, I have been reconsidering college and ultimately decided the college I was going to start this month is not for me.  I am going to pursue my Bachelor's Degree from the same college I received my Associate's Degree.  In doing so, all of my classes transfer over to the Bachelor's program.  I found out today that I only need four semesters to earn my Bachelor's Degree!  Ashworth College has also updated/revised their courses to include an Associate of Arts degree, which includes the core courses.  A Bachelor's Degree is what I really want and I am so glad I found one.  Ashworth College offers a Bachelor's in General Studies and you can customize your degree to your preference. 

I chose not to attend the other college because I wasn't ready to take out yet another a loan and go into debt for college, especially in our economy.  Not only that, it doesn't help that Shannon and I are both not working.  It's just not worth it to me to add another debt to my name. 

The other college courses are on a schedule and I just wasn't sure if I could do that, especially with Kyle.  Would I be able to turn in assignments on time?  I'm a mom now!  I'd rather stick with Ashworth College since I can study at my OWN pace!  It's perfect for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment