His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Paying it forward with food

We went grocery shopping on Monday and bought all of our groceries and other necessities.  On Tuesday evening, I realized I bought some pasta that is stuffed with herb chicken!  I accidentally grabbed the wrong pasta.  Since I don't eat chicken, I didn't want to just throw it away or hassle with trying to return/exchange it at the store.  Instead, I decided to give it to our neighbors across the street.  In the past, they have given us food from their dinner parties and he even brought over a loaf of bread and 2 grapefruits.  They have even invited us to their dinner parties but we always end up not going.  I don't know what kind of food they are serving and trying to take Kyle to someone else's house would be too much! 

I ended up giving our neighbors the pasta and an extra loaf of cinnamon swirl with raisins bread!  I bought 2 loaves but I realized I am not going to eat that much! 

The neighbor said that his daughter ended up eating 3 slices of bread and he said his son likes the bread too!  I'm glad to hear that. 

I wish Kyle liked to eat more food and not be so picky!  If the food isn't the right texture that he wants, he'll spit it out. 

1 comment:

  1. I just love food! No pickiness here! LOL My hubby on the other hand is a handful to feed! :) Very nice of you to pay it forward :)

    ReplyDelete