His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Coupon savings at Walgreens

Today I went to Walgreens for the first time this year and the first time in months!  I haven't had to go to Walgreens in months because we had plenty of paper towels and toilet paper!  This time around, I wanted to stock up on deodorant, shampoo, diapers, soap, Q-tips, and other things.  I am trying to only buy things we use and need and not buy things that I can get for cheap with a coupon but don't really use or need.  Right now, I want to use my coupons for necessity since we don't have any money coming in.  I do make a little money here and there with my blog, but that's not steady income. 

After ringing everything up and the automatic savings from this week's Walgreens sales and Buy One Get One 50% deals, my total came to $101 and some change.  After my coupons, my total was $82 and some change!  Wow!  Plus I received $4 in Register Rewards, which are "dollars" I can use for future Walgreens purchases.  But these rewards expire in about a week.  I will go through the ad again to see what else I can save on. 

While my total was pretty high, I won't have to buy deodorant for several months.  I also bought the shampoo since it was on sale and I had coupons.  I bought the conditioner because it was only 99 cents with the sale and my coupon, I just couldn't pass that up.  We now have plenty of soap as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment