His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Air Plant = Oxymoron

When I told Shannon that I wanted to try growing air plants, he laughed and said that they sound like an oxymoron.  I am fascinated by air plants because of how they can be displayed!

Air plants are the common name for Tillandsia.  I am interested in these type of plants for their versatility and the fact that they do not require soil to grow!  No mess!  They can be grown hanging from the wall, upside down or in a decorative container. 


I found a vendor I really like and they are located in Florida.  I finally bought two air plants.  They will look similar to the ones below:


I bought two seashells and they each come with a plant.  You can also grow air plants in glass globes:

I can't wait to receive my plants!  I plan on displaying them on my computer desk so I can look at them while I work and study!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment