His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Medicine = Candy?

Kyle does not like taking medicine, especially if it's liquid.  He would never be able to take a pill either.  We do know he likes his gummy vitamins.  When it comes to medicine, we are hesitant to try them with Kyle because we know he won't take them.  The doctor suggested Benadryl that comes in strips that melt on your tongue.  I couldn't find that type at the store, so I bought a chewable Benadryl.  I wasn't sure if he would take it, so I made a big scene with it.  I asked (Kyle's) Daddy if he wanted some CANDY!?  Of course, that catches Kyle's attention.  Shannon and I make a big production out of the candy.  As Shannon is opening up the "candy" he pretends to bring it to his mouth and Kyle snatches it out of his hand to eats it right up!

We do what we have to do to get him to take Benadryl so his hives will go away! 


No comments:

Post a Comment