His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Surreptitious

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." - Johann von Goethe

I just checked one of my husband’s email accounts. He had signed an online petition and they emailed him a confirmation email. In the email, he used a word that I have never seen or heard before. Nor did I have any idea what it meant. Who uses this word?! LOL

Here’s his statement: The internet should not be regulated nor surreptitiously monitored.

I know my husband’s vocabulary is extensive, but damn! LOL In the past, I have had him help me write things. For example, I’ve had to write complaint letters and positive letters to companies and he would look it over and add some legalese and such to it.

I looked up the definition and I still don‘t understand what it means. Then I looked up the synonyms, which are: private, secret, sly, sneaking, undercover, hidden…

Here is my fictitious use of the word in a sentence: Her surreptitious conversation with her boss about her out of town meeting, should not have been overheard by her husband.

For the record, I am not checking my husband’s email accounts because I don’t trust him or I think he’s cheating. I check them because he’ll check his emails about once a month, if that. I usually delete any spam and any other unwanted emails to keep it from bouncing. =)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Sounds familiar - I also check Hubby's e-mail. Simply, because he rarely does and it ends up being flooded with spam.

    ReplyDelete