His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 11 makes up for Yesterday

Yesterday (day 10) ended up being a quiet day of no vomit, except the night before.  It is now Day 11 and it started out with a BANG!  Kyle was up around 3:15 AM doing his usual moaning and I could hear his stomach bubbling and gurgling.  He vomited twice this morning.  Then around 7 AM Kyle woke me up, he had diarrhea!  It was so bad, I had to give him a little bath to wash it all off (which I have had to do a few times this week). 

Not only that, my MIL is a little upset that we are using the washer and dryer so often this week.  Their septic tank still isn't working right and it starts to "overflow" when we do too many loads of laundy.  A few months ago, she limited the entire household to doing ONE load of laundry per day.  Since they have laundry and we have laundry, we've been taking turns each day.  Since Kyle is not feeling well, we've had to use the washer all this week [and last week] because we were washing the towels and/or the sheets.  Anyway, I am little upset that she thinks we are using the washer just because!  I don't know about her, but I like to sleep in CLEAN sheets and have clean towels ready for when Kyle throws up! 

This morning after Kyle had thrown up, Shannon and I talked about just throwing the towels away and buying a bunch of cheap ones.  The ones we are using now are plain white towels, and are already dingy.  We also want to buy a second set of sheets, just to have one hand. 

We are all eating much less than we want to because our stomachs can't handle heavy food.  I can see Kyle is getting skinnier and can see more of his ribs and his stomach is a little sunken in.  He barely ate yesterday so we were hoping he wouldn't throw up this morning.  He is easier to pick up and I can tell he doesn't have as much strength.

This is all so exhausting and frustrating for us.  We can't wait until this is all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment