His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, May 1, 2010

At least we'll have clean sheets

Kyle woke up earlier than usual, especially for a non-school day.  I think he woke up around 6:15 AM, I am not too sure of the exact time considering I didn't want to open my eyes until 6:40 AM.  He and I had breakfast together just like we always do.  He wanted to have a snack around 9:30 AM.  Kyle fell asleep around 10:30 AM and slept for at least an hour to an hour and a half.  When he woke up, I could tell something was wrong.  He had pink cheeks and he was warm to the touch.  Plus he still seemed tired!  Shannon didn't agree, he said it was hot in the bedroom.  Luckily Kyle didn't have a fever.  Kyle was really tired and just wanted to be held or be near me.  He ended up throwing up on our comforter and sheets.  I gave him a bath while Shannon put the comforter in the wash.

Kyle seemed better after his bath and even had a snack. About an hour after he had another snack, he ended up throwing up again, this time on the sheets.  Luckily the sheets hadn't been washed yet.  I gave Kyle another bath and let him play in the water a little longer than usual.  So far, we've been taking it easy.  We think he has a stomach bug since he seems to look sick after eating.

Tonight, I gave him something to eat and he ate a few bites of brown rice and a little bit of dry cereal.  Let's hope he feels better soon.

I applied for another job online today.  It's the same job I applied for last year.  A lot of the jobs I am applying for are ones I applied for last year, although some are not.  I plan on turning in my application for Dairy Queen on Monday while Kyle is in school.

My in-laws are leaving for their vacation tomorrow.  It will be nice to have the whole house to ourselves for a few nights.  I've been holding off on doing our laundry since I wanted to give my MIL a chance to do all her laundry before they leave.  I plan on catching up on our laundry while they are gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment