His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back to School Time!

Today was Kyle's first day of school for the new year!  I had a difficult time getting him up this morning, so I think I need to start earlier and then let him snooze for a bit and then try again.  We left the house around 6:30am and when 6:42am rolled around, the bus still wasn't there.  By the time 6:52am rolled around I was already worried the bus wouldn't come at all.  The bus showed up around 6:57am just as we started walking back home.  When Kyle saw the bus, I could "see" that he recognized it.  I didn't get too overly excited to see the bus because I didn't want to scare him.  He and I slowly walked towards the bus and he seemed like he knew what to expect.  I didn't even have to help him step on the steps of the bus, he did that all by himself!  He's definitely grown since last year since it seems easier for him to step on the bus!

This past Monday, I officially started a new workout program called Brazil Butt Lift.  This program is exorbitantly different and I am trying to warm up to it.  The creator has an accent that is hard for me to understand so I use the subtitles/closed captioning, although he is upbeat and  has a bubbly personality!  He really pushes us past the limits and very intense which I am not used to, so I didn't like that at first.  I am having an onerous time with this program, but I am trying to stay positive and stick with it!  I am trying to embrace this program and it really pushes my body!  I am really proud of myself, today, I did a 50 minute workout called Sculpt!  I didn't expect myself to make it to the end of the video, but I did.  I wasn't able to every rep of each exercise, but I stuck with it!  One of the workout schedules I am following requires 6 days straight of workouts and one day of rest!  My body was sore after the first day and still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment