His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New Video, Therapy, and Groceries

I posted a new video the other day.  It can be viewed here.  I can't wait to make more videos, I love sharing the products I use!

Kyle seems to enjoy therapy!  He has Speech and Occupational Therapy every Tuesday.  The therapists are really nice and he seems to get along with every therapist that has worked with him.  While Kyle was in therapy yesterday, Shannon and I went to Walmart.  We did a quick trip and bought all the non-perishable foods on our grocery list. I also bought a little box of baking soda for cleaning, I use it to clean/scrub the tub and bathroom sink.  While we were waiting in line to checkout, I picked up two workout tanks.  I hope to start a new workout program soon.  I've been wanting to change up my workouts since rotating my workouts is getting old. Plus new workout clothes adds to my motivation!

We recently applied for food stamps, so we probably won't be approved (or denied) until mid-September.  We are still waiting to hear whether or not Kyle will be approved for SSI.  We turned in all the necessary paperwork, so now we wait.  Shannon had to reactivate his unemployment, just like everyone else who was on unemployment.  He was not approved for unemployment so he is in the process of trying to get that reversed.  We had a little issue with our Medicaid, to where Kyle was denied.  When I called to ask why (knowing that I had sent in the necessary paperwork), I was told that our caseworker is no longer there.  It sounds like she made a lot of mistakes and she forgot to renew Kyle!  LOL  It sounds like there are many other cases like ours because the lady told me that she had a lot of other files to go through. 

Kyle goes back to school on August 25th!  I can't wait!  We haven't had a chance to get more school clothes, but I do know he will need additional pants and shirts since he will be going 4 days a week. We are limited to doing one load of laundry a day and my MIL and I take turns every other day.  But when it rains, we are unable to do laundry because it floods their septic tank to where they are unable to flush their toilet.  Their septic tank isn't working properly, to get it fixed would cost $20,000 or so they've been told.  When we use too much water, such as doing too many loads of laundry, the septic tank overflows and it starts to smell like raw sewage!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that kyle likes therapy. Are you still working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I am not working right now, I wish I were though.

    ReplyDelete