His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Open House

Yesterday, Kyle's school was having an Open House from 12pm-6pm.  Kyle and I went straight to his classroom to talk to his teacher.  Meanwhile, Shannon went to get us some takeout for dinner.  Kyle started whining as we got closer to his classroom.  He whined the entire time I was trying to talk to his teacher.  Kyle will be going to school on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday until the end of September.  By then, we will have a new IEP meeting and then we can discuss his school schedule. 

Kyle's Medicaid is still not approved, our "new" caseworker sent it to her supervisor for final approval.  Once that is done, we will resume his Speech Therapy and Occupational Therapy. 

Kyle starts school tomorrow!!!!  I am so exciting!  I set the alarm for 5am so I can snooze for at least a half hour.  We have to leave the house by 6:30am or so because his bus will pick him up around 6:42am.  Shannon and I plan on going to Walmart tomorrow while he is in school.  I feel like we're "living on the edge" -- going to the store without Kyle!  It's like our marriage before Kyle was born!  This should be exciting!  It reminds us of what our life was like before him!  LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment