His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Possible babysitting on Monday

Ever since Kyle started riding the bus this year, I have befriended another parent of a child who rides the same bus.  All the kids that wait at our bus stop happen to live in the same apartment community as us.  The father that I have befriended happens to live across the street.  He and his wife are both Chinese, however, they are 5-7 years older than we are.  They have two very adorable kids, they are so precious!  I love talking to them because they are able to respond verbally when I ask them questions.  The little boy is a few months older than Kyle, so he is 6 and also in Kindergarten (he's in a different classroom than Kyle) and the little girl is 3 years old and she goes to preschool at a church.  The dad has a Ph.D. in Mathematics and the mom has a Ph.D. in Chemistry.  Wow, right?! 

Anyway, the dad asked me if I would be available to watch his son on Monday afternoon.  He has a job interview and he's not sure he'll be back home in time to meet his son at the bus stop.  I agreed and let Shannon know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment