His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanksgiving meal at school

We received a flyer last week from Kyle's teachers letting us know that they were having a Thanksgiving meal in the classroom on Tuesday, November 22nd.  They listed the planned menu and asked the parents for donations of $10.  I've been debating on whether or not to send Kyle to school with the $10.  When I asked Shannon if we should donate, he would say, "yes."  But he's not the one who insures that the bills are paid, he doesn't see how little money we have.  Finally, I asked him last night if we should donate the money he finally agreed that we shouldn't and to send a note to school.  I wrote a simple note saying we are unable to donate as we have been unemployed for almost 2 years.  I also asked if we need to pick him up early from school that day. 

I am so tired of the teachers always asking for school supplies, snacks, and other items. 

No comments:

Post a Comment