His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, April 30, 2010

Home early from school

We received a call from Kyle's teacher, he was crying all morning.  They were trying everything to calm him down.  We ended up picking him up after only 2 1/2 hours of being in school.  We're looking at having Kyle go to school for 5 days a week instead of 3 days.  His teacher said we will have the IEP meeting at the end of this school year so he'll be ready for next school year.  This will give us more time to ourselves and Kyle more time at school! 

On the way home, Shannon wanted to make a few stops.  I saw a big "now hiring" sign and it turned out to be for a new Dairy Queen that is currently being built.  I asked Shannon what he thought about me applying there and he said I should!  At first, I was a little worried about it being right next to/attached to a gas station, but Shannon didn't seem to be worried about that.  I have a pen pal who started working at a Dairy Queen a few months ago and she loves it!  I have been applying for jobs for the last two weeks and still no calls.  I know that it is difficult to get a job out here because of the economy and because employers seems to want to hire family or friends.

My in-laws are going on a little vacation this weekend.  They are leaving on Sunday and will be gone for at least 3 days.

I am still working out with the kettlebell!  I love it.  I haven't even touched my other workouts in the last few weeks.   I am still on the same workout that is only 20 minutes.  I am still getting tired about halfway through it, so I am glad it is still a challenge for me.  I have even started doing an extra 10 minutes of a different DVD workout in the set!

No comments:

Post a Comment