His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, June 28, 2010

Came home to a call back!

Today was our weekly laundry day!  I ended up doing 4 loads of laundry: dark clothes, white clothes, towels, and sheets!  Hooray for clean clothes!  Hooray for clean sheets!  After we had all of our laundry in the washing machines, my MIL and I sat down and she (jokingly) said that I should be wearing my wedding ring.  I laughed and said that Shannon and I both don't wear ours.  She said that all the guys in the laundromat were staring at me with their tongues hanging out!  I did notice that some of them were looking at me, but when that happens, I usually pretend I don't notice.  I guess it was so noticeable that the guy who works at the laundromat made a comment to my MIL!  LOL 

We stopped by the library after our laundry was done.  My MIL checks out DVD movies each week.  They had some books for sale, so I ended up buying a hardcover book that looked like an interesting read to me.  The book was only $1!

When we got home, I put our clean clothes away and had a salad!  Yum!  Then I needed something sweet so I ended up having 2 chocolate pudding cups!  LOL

I also noticed there was a message on the phone and it turned out I received a call back!  I re-applied for Sears just yesterday and they wanted me to come in to interview!  I had applied to Sears before and my application expired over the weekend, so I had to reapply!  I set up my interview for this Wednesday at 2pm!  The lady who called me sounds like she doesn't mess around.  She asked me what my availability is.  She then confessed she's had too many people say things like, "Oh, I can't work nights." Or, "I can't work such and such time."  I told her I have open availability, I just don't want to come in at 6am and leave at 11pm, that sort of thing.  She said, "oh no, we don't have shifts like that."  So, we'll see how this goes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment