His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Over Two Months Ago!

Monday was our weekly laundry day!  Since the weather has been so hot and horrid, my MIL wanted to get an early start.  With the humidity, you start to sweat after being outside for a little as 1 minute!  Plus it gets hot and stuffy at the laundromat!  I had three loads of laundry this time around, dark clothes, light clothes, and towels.

The other day, Shannon announced that his unemployment isn't set to renew, because Congress hasn't passed the bill to extend unemployment benefits.  Of course his first thought is that I should go back to work!  That made me mad...why me?  He needs to go back to work too!  Then again, I thought, "what the heck do you think I've been doing all this time?"  I've been applying for jobs for him for months now.  He's gotten calls but he isn't calling them back because he doesn't want to go work at a hotel again! 

The other day, I realized it had been over 2 months since I last heard from Speakability.  So I took the time to call and the person I needed to talk to happened to answer the phone.  After I had told her my name, she knew exactly who I was and where we lived.  She had the nerve to ask if we were still interested in having a speech therapist [for Kyle], and I thought, "DUH, why else would I be calling?!?!"  She said she would call with a name [of a speech therapist] tomorrow morning! 

I've been comparing the different online colleges that offer "studying at your own pace" and am now reconsidering Ashworth College.  I already have an Associates Degree from them.  When I looked at the classes for a Paralegal Studies Degree, I saw that I have already taken 9 of the classes!  I contacted the school to see if any of my classes would transfer over to the Paralegal Studies Degree.  Just as I thought, I would only need to take an additional 11 classes, which equals to 2 semesters and 1 class!  I told Shannon this information and he says we don't have any money.  Yet, he hasn't called the bank to cancel/dispute a charge for a subscription we didn't authorize/renew.  In other words, he doesn't mind paying for things we don't use!  So that makes me upset.  Also, he's wanting to get a psychic reading from the same psychic his parents have used in the past. 

For the last few days, I have been writing like crazy at hubpages.com!  I joined some of their affiliates to earn some extra money.  If anything, it's been fun writing different articles and publishing them online.

1 comment:

  1. And you are writing very well! :) I tried commenting on one of the ones you wrote earlier but for some reason my computer wouldn't let me. But you are doing good and pluggin away at it. My website is now up and running but it is FAR from done! :) I'll work on it more tomorrow when I get off of work. http://easyclickfind.com

    ReplyDelete