His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Gwah!"

Kyle started quacking like a duck this week!  His "quack" sounds like "gwah!"  He already knows how to imitate a monkey.  He learned how from watching Boots the monkey on Dora the Explorer.  The sound he makes also resembles Elmo's laugh, which I never noticed at first.  After he started making monkey sounds, I would ask him what a duck says and then quack like a duck!

I never heard back from Speakability when I called last Thursday.  I am not surprised, I am just shocked that a business doesn't want our business, especially with our economy!  I don't think it has to do with not wanting our business, I think it's because we're in the South and people tend NOT to call back or they take weeks to call back.  Either way, it pisses me off that this lady is so rude by ignoring me.  I've been trying to set Kyle up with a speech therapist since April!  Anyway, I called her this afternoon and was told she "just stepped out," which I believe because I called a few minutes before noon.

That reminds me that I need to call Kyle's pediatrician to make an appointment for a checkup!  While we are there, I am going to ask for a referral for a different company that offers speech therapy because this is too fucking ridiculous trying to get someone to call me back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment