His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, June 14, 2010

Laundry Land

Today was our weekly laundry day at the laundromat!  I had a total of 4 loads to do, dark/light clothes, towels, sheets and pillow.  I was able to stuff the sheets and pillow into one load of wash! 

The weather here is already so hot and unbearable.  We heard that it was 95 degrees, plus with the humidity, it feels like 100 degrees!  While I was outside for less than a minute putting some of the laundry in the car, I already started to sweat! 

After we did our laundry, we went to Walmart.  My MIL and needed some groceries and other things.  She bought a new houseplant for the kitchen, nail polish, dish washing detergent, paper towels and some groceries.  I also picked up a few more groceries.  Before we went through the grocery section of the store, we ended up stopping at Subway to eat!  Yum!  I bought two foot long subs, one for me and one for Shannon.  My MIL and I ate half of our foot long subs before going for groceries. 

Last night, I had an online seminar for one of my classes.  The professor basically went over the features of the classroom and the tools available for us to study/learn.  I learned a lot and hopefully it will really help me.  I learned that our book is online (in addition to the hard copy book we have).  There are also video lectures of each chapter for us to watch!  They also have a "game" section so that we can learn and play!  I am a little less stressed about this class now.

I told Shannon that I will definitely need a separate desk to do my schoolwork at.  Shannon has his "workspace" to do his school and other things, but I don't.  I just want a simple little desk and chair.  Once we get a desk for me, he suggested we put the desk and chair in the office (where he currently studies).  I also want a DVD player so I can continue to workout!  For now, I am using his computer since it has a DVD player.  Either way, it sounds like we'll be doing some re-arranging!

No comments:

Post a Comment