His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, June 11, 2010

Much needed trip to Walmart

We went to Walmart this afternoon.  I printed out some coupons as well as brought the coupons I received in the mail.  We ended up saving about $5 with the coupons. 

We bought our usual groceries.  In addition, I bought Kyle a package of toothbrushes and mouthwash for Shannon and I.  As for school, I picked up some dividers and a 3 hole puncher.  I have all of my school papers, notes, calendar, etc. in a binder.  I feel more organized having my things in one place

While we were waiting in line to checkout, I found some short sleeved tops for only $5.  They are stretchy and can be worn while working out.  I don't plan to use them for my workouts though.

I love when we have food again.  We have so much more to choose from compared when we are almost out of food.  During that time, we have very little to choose from to eat.  Shannon always likes to wait until we are completely out of food before we go to the store.  I bought some some cheese in the shape of Mickey Mouse, which only lasted about 2 hours after we got home.  He loved the cheese so much, that he ate all of it!  We also bought him a different kind of cereal, instead of the usual Malt-O-Meal brand "honey nut cheerios."

We plan on re-applying for food stamps after July 1st, since that is when the income requirements change in everyone's favor!  Here is an article that explains it further.  I am sure we qualify now (considering we are both not working) but our caseworker never got back to us, even though we faxed over all the needed documents!  So we decided to wait until July 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment