His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, July 30, 2010

Busy Day!

I feel like today was a busy day!  First, I received a call from the Social Security office.  They wanted to do the application for Kyle over the phone.  That call took a little over a half hour!  Now we just have to drop off some paperwork and sign a form or two and then he can submit his application for SSI. 

A few days ago, I received a job lead on facebook about a "front desk" position at a hotel in our city.  A friend on facebook updated her status about hotel front desk openings at a hotel near Charlotte, NC.  I responded to the comment asking where the hotel was located.  Then, I received a message in my inbox (from a complete stranger) saying that a hotel in our city is hiring for front desk agents.  I wrote him back thanking him and he then responded telling me that he's the General Manager of the hotel!  So we stopped by the hotel today so I could fill out an application.  When we got home, my in-laws said I received a call from the hotel wanting to schedule an interview!  I was surprised they called so fast, considering we just came directly from there!  I called the lady who called me for an interview and scheduled an interview with the General Manager for tomorrow morning!  When I came in to fill out the application, I was told that it's a "part time position" and I would have a rotating schedule ranging from 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, or 11pm-7am!  I am not thrilled about the graveyard shift!  I guess it depends on the pay to see if this type of schedule is worth it! 

In today's mail, we received a letter from Social Services saying that Kyle's Medicaid will be terminated on July 31st because we failed to return the necessary paperwork!  After I had a few minutes to process the letter, I promptly called Social Services to find out why.  I was told that our caseworker is no longer working there.  The person that I spoke with looked at our file and realized that we did return the necessary paperwork and she will reopen our file to process it.  In other words, she has several other cases that need to be reopened since the old caseworker is no longer there.  Thankfully, Kyle's Medicaid will be renewed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment