His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, January 28, 2008

Time Spent

These last few months, Shannon's had a chance to spend time with our son and really bond with him. We have both had a chance to watch Kyle grow and learn new things and witness these events together.

Shannon had to get the car inspected and get a smog check. For some reason, they don’t call it a “smog check” here. A few days ago, he went to Valvaline (i.e. Jiffy Lube) and asked if they did smog checks. The lady didn’t know what it was! LOL They refer to it as an “emissions test.” Shannon also got his hair cut. He also plans on getting his clothes ready for tomorrow (shoes, tie, etc). He was gone for over 2 hours and I didn’t expect him to take that long.

I got a whole bunch of things in the mail today. I got 2 freebies, one is a sample of perfume and cologne and the other is a cloth backpack for Kyle, I guess I joined a (free) book club. It’s really colorful too. I got one pen pal letter, and information regarding Shaklee and more CDs to listen to. There is so much I want to buy from Shaklee but I have to wait until we have some steady income again.

Shannon got at least 3 credit card offers. I am kind of jealous because I used to be the one to receive them! LOL But I quickly tore those up and threw them away. Credit cards are the last thing that Shannon needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment