His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Food

Wow! What a feast! My MIL made so much food! She barbecued the hamburgers, hotdogs, potatoes, and corn on the cob. We also had potato chips, potato salad, and cole slaw. Kyle even had his own corn on the cob and he loved it! It was cute watching him eat it. Shannon had a burger since he rarely has one. Kyle even had a few bites of hamburger!



I ended up having ONE Smirnoff Ice, which is an alcoholic beverage. I rarely drink and I believe the last drink I had was about 4+ years ago. I couldn't even finish the entire thing, the drink got to me quick. I also made sure to EAT before drinking. My heart started beating fast and my lungs felt like they had 10 lb weights on them. I just looked up "alcohol allergy" and this is what I found. I have the flushing reaction.

Here is more info, and this is also what my MIL heard on Oprah (from Dr. Oz):

Many people of Asian descent experience an unusual flushing reaction after drinking alcohol — even in very small amounts. This is caused by a genetic disorder in which the body is unable to break down alcohol completely.

The above reaction to alcohol went away about 2 hours later. I did have to drink a few glasses of water just to help dilute the effects or at least try to. I ended up taking a nap for a few hours! LOL I don't know if it was because I ate a LOT or because of the alcohol! Shannon was sweet enough to watch Kyle during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment