His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, July 23, 2009

County Job

By accident, I found a job opening with the county in which we live in! I just happened to look on the county job website today and found a position that I am going to apply for! I even told Shannon about it and he's very supportive and encouraging me to apply for it. I hope to mail in my application tomorrow. There is no "closing date" either, so that worries me. The job ad states that the job is opened until filled. The ad was posted almost a week ago.

We went to Walmart today for groceries! We bought food for the entire household. I had a list for us and a list from my MIL since she needed some things as well. It was fun! Kyle behaved, as he always does. He loves car rides and loves looking out the windows to see the world! When it's time to get in the car, he loves getting into the car by himself and sitting in his carseat by himself (Shannon buckles him in)!

We had to do two separate orders, since we bought a few things with our WIC coupon.

On our way home, Shannon said that I may have made the cashier's day, that she seemed appreciative! I asked him what he meant, to which he explained... She would bag our groceries and she would hold the bag up for me, she was nice enough to wait until I put the bag in the cart and then reach for the next bag from her. I would say "thank you" to her each time. By the third time, she responded with appreciation, "well, you're welcome." He said she may have realized that she needs to check her attitude and start smiling. We both talked about being in the customer service industry. Sometimes you get into a mood of just helping people over and over again, and not realizing that you aren't smiling or cheery! I really hope I made her day and helped her in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment