His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July!

My MIL and I went grocery shopping yesterday for our barbecue we're having today! We tried looking for veggie dogs and they didn't have any. My MIL even tried asking an employee if they had any "meatless hotdogs" and I could tell he had NO IDEA what they were because he pointed us to the "meat" section where the other hot dogs were. LOL Plus this employee was a GUY and he had the southern accent, I could just tell he didn't know what "meatless hotdogs" were, he probably thought it was an oxymoron. Anyway, I ended up getting "meatless ribs." Everyone else is having either hotdogs or hamburgers. We bought a lot of other things like chips, corn on the cob, and angel food cake (to make strawberry shortcake) for dessert. Yum!

Shannon started a new class a few weeks ago. This class is on a subject he really likes and it's an ACTUAL class where he can learn something. He had a 1000 word paper due last week and he was already graded on it. He got 100% on the paper! The professor said he's only given out full credit to 12 other students and he will make number 13.

Everything else is going okay. We're still waiting to hear back regarding his appeal on his unemployment. If they don't rule in his favor, Shannon said he will look at getting a local security job. I applied for 2 jobs for myself last night. I am still job searching for Shannon as well.

We applied for food stamps this week! Let's hope we are approved! Hopefully next week we can get to the Head Start office to apply for that for Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment