His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, December 7, 2009

Stopped by the Classroom

We got up early hoping to have Kyle start preschool today. The weather was freezing cold, the car had ice on it and Kyle was shivering by the time we got out of the car to go into the school. We met the teacher and saw the classroom. She went over the main points of what he needed to have. We're going to have him go Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The school has a uniform dress code and we're also going to apply for free or low cost meals for him. We gave his teacher his paperwork as well.

My MIL and I ended up going shopping today for his clothes. First, we tried Goodwill and found a pair of pants and a shirt. We then we to Big Lots and Walmart. I didn't find anything at Big Lots but I did find his pants and shirts at Walmart. I bought long sleeved shirts since it's cold outside. We then went to the "mall" that they have out here. I went to JC Penney's and found a jacket and a beanie and glove set. We also looked at Sears and found a jacket for much less and ended up getting the jacket there and returning the jacket I bought from JC Penney's.

I tried on some of the clothes on Kyle and unfortunately the jacket is WAY TOO big for him. It's more of a size for an older boy of at least 7 or 8. It's not a toddler size jacket. Plus, Shannon wants to get a thicker jacket for him. The pants that I bought for him were marked for 4T but they are too big, hopefully after a wash or two, they will fit better. I am going to take the clothes back to the Goodwill that I bought from there since they are too big for him. The shirts look big on him, but they will do for now.

Kyle also needed a backpack and he will need a towel or blanket (for rest time) as well. I found a backpack at the goodwill for only $3! We're probably going to have him use a towel because his blankets are still packed away.

Kyle will start his first day of preschool on Wednesday! Shannon and I are excited for him and want to make sure he is ready. At least we know where his school is. It's a beautiful and clean looking school. All of the classrooms are inside a big building. When we got home from taking Kyle to the school, he starting crying when we got home and we think it's because he didn't want to leave! Hopefully he'll like playing with other kids.

When we got home, we all ended up eating tuna sandwiches and other things we could find. We were all hungry! Shannon, Kyle, and myself ended up taking a nap after eating! I think we slept for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. When I woke up, I took a shower and Shannon was up by the time I was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment