His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

9 Long Hours of Express Lane

I was stuck at work for 9 hours in the express lane! It was pretty steady but I just hate that people only seem to see my register and never avert their eyes to the other 10 or more registers that are open! My day went by fast, yet slow at the same time. I couldn't wait to get off of work. I am already tired of working there.

I am really excited about the county job that I found and hope to at least get an interview. I filled out the application tonight and it's ready to be mailed out tomorrow!

Apparently, our store decided they were going to stay open until 8 PM on Christmas Eve (instead of 6 PM). With that change, they had to take down the current schedule and re-do it to cover the entire time we are open on Christmas Eve. Unfortunately, I have to work 9 1/2 hours on Christmas Eve. I have 10:30 AM til 8 PM!!! I heard a few people in the break room complaining and talking about leaving at 6 PM on Christmas Eve. They were also saying that a lot of people are going to be upset since they may already have plans with family, etc. I try not to complain at work, instead I wait til I get home and complain and whine to Shannon! I am not really upset, just annoyed since I seem to get so many hours each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment