His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas in a Nutshell

We have all been feeling sick for the last week or so. Kyle and Shannon seem to have it the worst. Thankfully we don't feel sick the entire day, it will come in waves. I have started feeling a little sick when I first wake up, but as the day progresses, I feel better.

Shannon has been smoke-free for about 3 or 4 weeks now! He stopped smoking a few days after Thanksgiving. He used the e-cigarettes to help him quit. After awhile, he didn't feel the need for the e-cigarette either. He's had withdrawl symptoms from not smoking, plus he's been sick.

I had to be at work on Christmas Eve for 9 1/2 hours! It was a long day but it went by pretty quickly. I was scheduled to be off at 8 PM, however, all cashiers had to keep working until the last customer was checked out. We all did very well and worked together. I am glad I didn't have to work until 8:30 PM because those workers had to stay until the store was clean!

Our store was closed on Christmas Day, so that meant everyone was off that day. I was also off the day after Christmas! We opened presents just after noon on Christmas Day. Kyle wasn't feeling all that well, so he was not in the mood for all the excitement. My MIL gave me a zip-up hoodie with faux fur lining the hood. My husband received a long sleeved shirt and pajama bottoms, he really needed both! We took some pictures and I hope to have some of them printed out, I plan on putting them in a frame (that holds several pictures) and hanging it up on our wall. Kyle also had a present for Shannon and myself. His teacher wrapped it for him, but he made it at preschool for us. It's a 2010 calendar, the pictures are made of Kyle's handprints! His handprints are in shapes to form a picture, for instance, for October, his handprints are in the shape of a ghost. It's really cute! I remember the day he came home with paint all over his clothes. As long as he had fun, I didn't mind the mess.

We gave my MIL a Dyson vacuum for Christmas. We bought her the Dyson ball so it will be easier for her to clean her house. She loves it! She used it all day yesterday. I think she was looking for things to vacuum! She realized how much dirt and dust is in her house and how fast it accumulates with her old vacuum.

Speaking of Dyson vacuums, my vacuum really needed to be emptied and Shannon finally did that for me yesterday. My vacuum now works much better! Since I was off the day after Christmas, I used that time to catch up on cleaning and laundry! I literally have not had time to do any cleaning in the last month. Shannon has had to do the laundry for me since I was barely home. I was able to clean our entire bathroom! I also did 3 loads of laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment