His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I don’t get it

It’s the day after Christmas and I am seeing all of these news articles and news headlines about returning gifts. I don’t understand why people rush out to the stores or stand in line for HOURS to buy their loved ones gifts only to have the receiver turn around and return the gifts. Why do people bother? There are millions of Americans in credit card debt, most likely from buying Christmas gifts for family and friends, yet everyone is turning around to return gifts?

Why even bother buying gifts then? I supposed I am just being biased since we weren’t able to buy each other gifts, let alone our own son. The gifts we DID get, we are actually using them. We are going to keep them because we need them. What did we acquire? We received clothes that will keep us warm! We received things we really needed.

To each his/her own, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment