His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Accomplished!

I feel so accomplished this week! Yesterday we opened up a checking and savings account with a bank out here. We were going to go with Bank of America but decided against it because we heard that they can be a little strict as far as credit checks for an account. So we choose another bank that seem to have a lot of locations around here. Unfortunately there are no US Banks here which is our old bank. I plan on closing our old bank account after the new year.

I had Shannon set up our online login info with our new bank, so I will be able to pay bills with online bill pay. I also had to add this new bank account to my paypal account.

Today, I purchased car insurance with a new company as well. I did NOT want to stay with our old insurance since our payments keep going up every 6 months for no reason. So our new insurance will take effect later this month.

We are planning on going to DMV after the new year. Hopefully by then, we will have all the documents we need including proof of residency (from a bank statement).

I am glad that we are all caught up and should be ready to go to DMV after the new year. Of course, I was stressing about all the necessary documents we will need to bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment