His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Differences I have noticed / My booty shot

I am writing this because this is how I see it. I was born and raised and spent 22 years in California, before I got married and moved to Nevada. I am a used to the WEST COAST culture. I don't mean to offend anyone, instead, I hope you find some humor in it. =)

Our trip to the Urgent Care started off which pulling into the parking lot with which we THOUGHT it would be located. There was a BIG red sign that said URGENT CARE, so we figure it would be there… So I went into one of the buildings and asked if they were (the Urgent Care) and she said no, it was actually past the memorial hospital, then take a left and it will be next to BB&T (which apparently is a bank). When she said it to me, I thought she said the BBNT. I am still confused as to why the Urgent Care sign was so far away from the actual Urgent Care Facility! LOL Luckily we found it, and I go in, stand in line and WAIT for about 15 minutes before I am helped. The gal at the front counter said she'd be right with me… After finally being helped, filled out the paperwork and waiting in the waiting room, I realize that people out here are in no such hurry to help you. NOT because they are being stuck up or doing this on purpose, but merely because that's how they are. Now, I wasn't trying to be in a hurry, but I honestly expected to be helped by one of the 4 ladies who were around the front desk, not really doing anything. LOL I finally get in, about 20 minutes later. I wait another 25 minutes before the doctor comes in. Luckily she understands my situation (living with a cat), I guess her nephew is allergic to cats and/or dogs. She said he has to take 3 or 4 medications when he stays over at her house. Another 20 minutes go by before I get my shot (in the BOOTY -- which I have never had before) and my prescription. LOL I will be getting my prescriptions filled tomorrow at Walmart. I prefer to go to Walmart because they have the $4 prescription program so I hope mine qualify. I spent almost 2 hours in that dang place! LOL Insane how slow they are. It was like going to the DMV in California where you have to wait and wait.

The first difference we learned about living on the East Coast is that here in North Carolina, you have to dial the area code -- all the time. Even if you are calling down the street, you have to dial the area code. Even though we have yet to memorize our cell phone number, we also have to remember to dial the area code.

Another difference I really notice every time we go out is the accents. It still surprises me to hear it. Accents are something I rarely heard in California and Nevada, so I am still getting used to them. I like listening to people's accents though, it's just really different to hear.

The majority of people here are very nice and helpful. Everyone that we have come in contact with were VERY NICE! We encountered that in Northern Nevada too. Everyone is also very slow paced too. It was also like that in Nevada, but this is much slower. I also get the impression that people take a lot of time off from work! LOL They must have such low house payments/low rent, that they can afford to do that all the time.

The time difference wasn't that hard to adjust to. On our way here, we slowly kept moving our clocks forward every time we entered a new time zone, so our bodies adjusted accordingly. But when I do look at the time, I also think that its 3 hours behind on the West Coast.


Looking for Mineral Makeup? Soy Candles? Bath & Body Products? We have them at www.ItsYourTurn.go.cc

No comments:

Post a Comment