His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

No More!

Before I go any further, I DO NOT mean to offend anyone... This is how it was for me.




When I was pregnant with our son, I watched all the baby shows and thought that my husband would be like that. I was so excited and couldn’t wait to see how eager my husband would be to help out. He’d WANT to help feed the baby, he’d offer to change the diapers. He would be there 100% for his family. Unfortunately for me, that was all a dream.

I just don't understand how other moms actually WANT more kids. When our son was born and until he was about 11 to 12 months old, I did NOT have any help from my husband. (yes this is HIS biological child too). I literally had to get up and feed our son (I wasn't breastfeeding so it wasn't like he couldn't) every night until our son could sleep through the night. My husband said he shouldn't have to get up because HE was the one working. I changed about 99% of the diapers. I also fed him about 99% of the time.

I remember, right after our son was born, I never had a chance to take a shower for about 3 weeks. My husband never asked if I needed anything or wanted to take a nap... He never EVER thought about giving ME a "weekend" or even some me time. He never thought of anyone but himself.

On HIS weekends (he always called him HIS weekends), so that meant HE could do whatever he wanted. He would sleep in until about 2pm or 3pm--no kidding! During that time, I had to take care of OUR baby. When I finally got our son down for a nap, my husband would be up making all this noise and I'd have to tell him to shut the HECK up! He never understood--he probably thought I was being grumpy.

So, that is why I do not want more kids. I don't want to go through that again. My husband really made me feel a new way about him -- dislike and resentment. He was so lazy it made me so mad. I was so unhappy. I also realized how much I did around the house as well as taking care of the baby.

Nowadays, he does watch our son more and helps out, I do have to give him credit for that. But he is always so mean and grumpy to me that it hurts my feelings. Sometimes I just feel like crying. I don't think he thinks about anyone but himself it seems. He never asks me how I am doing, or how I feel. He never asks for my opinion on anything.



On the other hand, does give me time to take naps here and there. He’ll give our son a bath if I ask. He also helps with lugging the laundry up and down the stairs for me. He also carries the heavy bags and reaches for things up high for me. So I DO LOVE my husband.

Honestly, I just can't understand how other moms actually want more kids?? Maybe they HAVE help from their husbands? Or they live near family? Perhaps, I am more inclined to think this way because it is the only way I know a husband to be. It was a lot of work for me to do everything myself and not able to take a minute to myself. It was so stressful and draining. I don’t think I would have mind doing all that work in the beginning, although it would have been nice if my husband gave me a chance to rest every once in awhile. Let me take a walk by myself. Let me read a few chapters of a book. ANYTHING!

To the moms who do have more than one child, I don’t know how you do it. Whether you have one or more children, you are very lucky if you have your husband or boyfriend who helps you!

By the way, if you are wondering... No I am not pregnant. Nor do we plan on having a second child.

1 comment:

  1. I think some people are kid people and others aren't. My husband seldom helped me when my children were babies either, but that didn't stop me from wanting another one. Thats a natural instinct that comes with being a woman. Don't say never... It seems like with both of mine when they turned three I felt this sudden longing to have another baby. They are gifts... wait til he turns four and the things he says will put a smile on your face and make you laugh... It will get better, I promise :-)

    ReplyDelete