His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, March 21, 2008

Family Day

We had intended to go to Kyle’s playgroup today, however, when we drove up, we saw that there were no cars in front or in the parking lot. So they were closed today. Since we were in the area, we stopped off at the bank and deposited some of my checks that I earned from my internet sites!

Shannon was offered his new job on Thursday! As soon as that happened, I started looking apartments in the area. He starts his new job on Monday. The only downside is that it is located in Concord, about an hour away, so we’re looking at moving at the end of April.

Shannon said he was thinking about driving out to Concord this weekend to check out the area and maybe look for apartments. Instead of going this weekend, we went today! I was so excited, that we had a chance to spend the day together as a family and it was spur of the moment.

After the bank, we went back home, so my husband could take a shower and I took the opportunity to give Kyle his lunch. I even packed a diaper bag, which I haven’t had to do in MONTHS! We planned on leaving in an hour, which we did. We left for Concord around 1pm. It took over an hour to get there.

We drove past his new job! It is really close to the Lowe’s Motor Speedway. There are lots of shopping, places to eat and many other hotels around. They also have a nice size mall. We stopped off at the mall and ate in the food court. Of course, Kyle, being the 2 year old that he is was being antsy and wanted to walk around. So we each took turns holding him in our laps while the other ate.

I researched apartments online and found a few that I liked. We were looking for one in particular but never did find it. We ended up stumbling upon my very first choice of apartments. My husband saw it on accident and I am glad he did. We took a tour of the place and we really love the 3 bedroom, 2 bath apartment. We are going to apply for the apartment on Monday. We are both very excited and hope that we are approved.

We got home around 6pm. Long day. We had fun day as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment