His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, March 17, 2008

Green Cleaning

I’ve been doing some cleaning throughout the day today. I vacuumed, cleaned up our room and the bathroom. I scrubbed the tub, the sink and unclogged the drains. I did all the cleaning using baking soda, white vinegar, and a product by Shaklee. I like cleaning GREEN, rather than use chemicals. Most of the time, Kyle likes to follow me and I’d hate for him to breath in those chemicals. Plus the chemicals started to bother my lungs when I used them a few months ago. The “bleachy” smell was overpowering my lungs.

I am also doing a load of laundry today. I plan on doing a few more loads later this week.

This weekend was a a busy one. On Friday, I went to a skin care party with my mother-in-law. They invited 30 people and were expecting at least 3 or 4 other people. Well it was just the 3 of us, the hostess, my mother-in-law and myself. About an hour into the presentation, another person showed up. I ended up getting a sampler pack to try. I am impressed with the products and the ingredients. However, I am still going to remain faithful to
Mineral Girlz with the makeup and some of the bath & body. Mineral Girlz first more into my budget anyway.

The hostess made a “dessert pizza” that was really good! On Saturday, my mother-in-law and I went to the store to buy the ingredients to make the dessert pizza. Shannon really liked it, but then again, he likes just about anything! We were at the store for about 2 hours and I ended up taking a power nap a few hours after we got home. I was so exhausted! On Sunday, we just relaxed and stayed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment