His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, March 31, 2008

So READY to move!

With the thought of moving into our own place, I am really itching to move right away. I was telling Shannon last night that I can’t wait until we can move. Knowing that our apartment is waiting for us, it’s exciting. Our tentative move in date is for late April but we hope to move in sooner. If I get my checks this week, we’re going to start planning and setting up to move.

Shannon and I barely get time together and he doesn’t get to spend much time with Kyle either. We have just enough time to tell each other how our day went.

I’ve been reading some articles and watching a few videos for more info on Autism. There were parents who said they “knew right away that something was wrong.” I could not relate to any of the articles I was reading. The videos described autistic kids vs. non-autistic kids. Anyway, Kyle sounds non-autistic. He loves closing doors, running through different rooms, crawling up the stairs, down the stairs, flipping light switches he can reach, etc. There may be times where he doesn’t hear me call his name, but it doesn’t mean he’s deaf or autistic. I know he hears us. He hears me when I say “Kyle, NO!” or “Kyle, get down!” LOL He even hears me when I ask him if he wants to go outside to play. He hears when I turn on a favorite Disney movie or find his favorite show. He may not talk yet, but that doesn’t make him autistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment