His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!


Tomorrow is our 6th Wedding Anniversary!! Shannon has our anniversary off and the day after that off! He didn't plan it that way, nevertheless, it worked out pefectly this week.


On Monday, I sent an email to the Department of Social Services (DSS) for the state that we live in. I decided to email them because I had been trying for a week to reach someone, anyone to answer a question for me. I had left 4 messages, 3 of them with one person and still no response. I was going to out the person I left messages with but decided not to. I wonder if the people in our local office got in trouble? LOL I also decided to turn to emailing someone at the department because the website states to contact them if we have any questions, concerns, or comments.

Here is what I emailed to them:

To Whom it May Concern:

My name is Stephanie ---- and my husband, Shannon and I are trying to apply for food stamps. We received a letter stating we were not approved due to not providing proof of income, even though we included a letter from his Human Resources department stating his hours and rate of pay.

I have been trying to reach someone, ANYONE really...who will answer the phone in the Food Stamp office and nobody will return my call. I have been trying now for 7 days. I left a total of 4 messages, one on Monday & Tuesday of last week and twice today. I understand last week was Christmas but we are just trying to get some live help.

Thank you.
Stephanie ----
(my phone number here)


Well, my day just improved for the better! I just checked my email and received a response from the DSS and they said that our application was denied in error and that the proof was in the agency (I'm thinking it was misplaced). I KNEW I included our proof of income, but our case worker didn't believe me. HA!

We won't be getting as much as we had hoped, BUT it's better than no help at all.



1 comment:

  1. See you always have to keep on top of them for stupid things like that! lol

    ReplyDelete