His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Nothing New except Hugs and Kisses

Last week, we shaved Kyle’s head! Since it’s cold, I’ve been putting a hoodie over his head when we go outside for our daily walk. I am surprised he keeps it on his head because he used to always take it off.

We sent in the additional info to our local health department and now we’re waiting to hear back on whether or not we qualify. We will apply for WIC if we need additional help with food costs.

Yesterday I wanted to see if Kyle understood the words “hugs” and “kisses” without me doing the gestures. Usually when I ask him for a hug, I put my arms out and he always runs to hug me. Shannon would ask him for a hug the same way. Well instead of putting my arms out, I just asked him if I could get a hug and he ran right over to me and put out his arms to hug me. Then I asked him for a kiss and he gave me a kiss.

Shannon applied for another job this week. We are really hoping to hear back from this one, he really likes the sound of this particular company. Meanwhile, we are both keeping our eyes open to any other positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment