His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, February 6, 2010

He's Home Day 1

Shannon arrived home this morning around 2:30 AM! I was able to track his flight online and I saw that it was delayed. Both flights were delayed by at least an hour or more. He had to wait around at least 2 hours for his connecting flight home. I am just glad he got home okay. I woke up when he got home, since I am still sick and my dripping nose would wake me up throughout the night. We cuddled and talked for a bit before we both realized he needed to go to sleep!

Kyle woke up this morning around 7 AM and Shannon slept in a bit. We had a nice quiet day spending time with each other. I did Shannon's laundry today since I had some things to wash too. He has to go back to work on Monday and will stay on property for the week. At least this time he will be in another city! While he's there, he hopes to look at apartments and pick up rental applications.

We had to go grocery shopping today since we were almost out of food and other things. Kyle rode in the booster seat for the first time and he seemed okay with it. It's not as sturdy as the car seat so he would lean over to one side to look out the window and the booster seat would lean to one side too.

We ended up getting plenty of food! I did manage to make it out of the store without buying candy! I know for sure that if I buy it, I will eat it, and the end result shows up on my face in a few days! I did, however, buy snack foods! Every once in awhile I need snacks to munch on! I picked up plastic planter pots for two of my plants, I will pick up soil on our next trip. We also needed cotton balls, paper towels, and toilet paper. Even before we left, I warned Shannon that this trip will be a big one! I had a lot of things on my list that we needed, so I knew that the total would be extra $$$! We are no longer on food stamps, so it hurts a little. I do plan on re-applying for food stamps once we get moved in to our own place.

Shannon and I realized that 12 days was way too long to be away from home. I could tell that he got home sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment