His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, February 12, 2010

First Day on the Bus!

Today was Kyle's first day riding the school bus to school! I was nervous that he would get scared and/or freak out! He woke up pretty quickly as usual, especially since I told him it's a school day! He just loves going to school. I got him dressed and ready to go. I walked him to the bus stop, which is just down the street. He was just fine with the walk because he knew he had his school clothes, jacket, and backpack on. I asked kept singing, "we're going to school, we're going to school..." I also kept reminding him that "we're going to see Ms. Pam (his teacher)." When the bus pulled up, he got scared and tried to walk away. To him, the bus must be HUGE and it's a loud vehicle! I think the noise scared him, if anything. I lifted him up on the first step (since it's about 2 feet off the ground) and helped him up to the second step and into the helper's reach.

This afternoon, Kyle's teacher called to let us know what time to pick him up from the bus stop. She said the bus driver said that he did really well on the bus. He didn't cry either! He was just fine! I am so glad he adjusted so well to riding the bus, as it is a brand new experience for him!

When it was time to meet him at the bus stop, my MIL walked down the street with me. She brought her digital camera and took a few pics of Kyle getting off the bus. Apparently, Kyle fell asleep on the way home on the bus! These were taken just after he woke up to get off the bus!




Kyle came home with Valentine's Day goodies! He made a few Valentine's at school! They are really cute! Both are in a heart-shaped! One of them is decorated with buttons and glitter. The other has his handprint in the middle, decorated with glitter! Both are adorable! He also has Valentine's candy, which I will be raiding (he's too young to have that much candy). I feel bad I didn't get Valentine's cards for Kyle's classmates. I forgot what it's like being in elementary school, I remember exchanging Valentine's cards with my entire class!

1 comment: